The Triangle of Sigma Sigma Sigma is the published two times per year. Information from collegiate and alumnae chapters, as well as from individual members, is accepted for possible inclusion in the magazine.
To submit an article, please use this form.For general inquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Your Name, Phone Number and Email Address;
- The Collegiate or Alumnae Chapter for which you are submitting information;
- A publication-ready description of the news story that you would like to see printed in the magazine (including who, what, where, when, why and how);
- Any applicable photos sent as jpeg files of 300 dpi or higher with identification of first, maiden, married name and collegiate and alumnae chapter of everyone in the photo. (See Photo Submission Guidelines for more information.)
Fall 2013 Theme: "This I Believe: our 43rd Triennial Convention." But we are spotlighting Sigmas who are "Changing the World." We are looking for news about chapters that have been involved with a special community service project. We want to know about alumnae who are changing the world by living out their values. What do Sigmas believe in that allow us to change the world? Let our readers know that Sigmas do make a difference! The original submission date was May 24. Items should be sent as soon as possible, but no later than June 4, 2013.
To increase your chances of being published in the magazine, please follow these tips:
- Collegiate and alumnae news should contain specific information relevant to the topic identified for each deadline. We are looking for newsworthy topics and events to highlight as feature and sidebar articles.
- Suggestions for “Significant Sigmas” and other feature articles will be accepted and forwarded to the Features Editor. If the individual or topic is selected, a writer will be assigned to the story.
- Submit the file in Microsoft Word or another universal word processing program.
- Spell check the document before submission.
- Name the file in a meaningful/identifiable way. For instance, do not simply title the file “July 09 Triangle Article” as several articles may be submitted using the same title; instead, make the title as intuitive as possible, i.e., “Alumnae News_Chapter Name”.
- When writing, follow the Sigma Sigma Sigma brand guidelines for copy tone and word usage posted in the SigmaConnect section of www.sigmasigmasigma.org.
- Please note: your submission will be reviewed by content editor(s) and may be changed to adhere to Tri Sigma brand/style; or to provide greater clarity/interest. By submitting an article, you agree to have it edited without your review.
- All requested information must be included.
Photo Submission Guidelines
- Digital photos should be shot at 300 dpi or higher and submitted as a High Quality JPEG file attachment.
- Photos of three to five Sisters are best. Five or less in a photo will need full identification (first, maiden, last names) and collegiate and alumnae chapter.
- Action photos are preferred to staged, group photos.
- Photos with “Sigma fingers” will not be printed.
- Submit photos that showcase an activity in which your chapter participates, not just a random group shot.