Alumnae Initiate Opportunities
Tri Sigma invites women of character who believe in the mission and values of Sigma Sigma Sigma to join our national sisterhood.
Since 1898, Tri Sigma has provided women with friendship, a sense of purpose, commitment to values, and much more. The Alumnae Initiate extends this opportunity to women beyond the traditional environment of the college campus, providing all of the same rights, responsibilities, and privileges as a member who is initiated as a collegian.
Alumnae initiation into Tri Sigma is open to women who exhibit the same core values as Tri Sigma sisters, seek an experience that will enrich their lives, and are not already affiliated with another National Panhellenic Conference sorority,
Whether you are a campus professional, a friend or relative of a member, or are excited to give your time and talents through service and friendship, alumnae initiation into Tri Sigma could be right for you. Contact us to learn more.
In addition to a worldwide network of more than 140,000 empowered women, Tri Sigma members receive:
- Social engagement and service learning opportunities through membership in an alumnae chapter.
- Opportunities to serve as a mentor to collegiate women through a Chapter Advisory Board or Housing Corporation.
- Opportunities to utilize your time and talents as a national volunteer through ongoing committee work, special projects, and/or advisory roles.
- Leadership and skill development through online and in-person events and opportunities.
- Lifetime subscription to The Triangle magazine.
- Service learning projects in the local community and opportunities to support the Tri Sigma Foundation’s projects and initiatives.
- Scholarship and grant opportunities for continued education and local hospitals in your community.
- Recognition as a member of a National Panhellenic Conference sorority and the opportunity to serve on the local Alumnae Panhellenic level.
- Have interest in Sigma Sigma Sigma and recognizes the value of membership.
- Receive endorsement by two members of Tri Sigma (collegian, alumna, advisor, national officer, etc.) who will serve as a sponsor throughout the new member period, and/or receive agreement from the collegiate or alumnae chapter to initiate.
- Willingness to contribute her time and/or talents to Tri Sigma.
- Not be eligable as a traditinal collegiate member.
Candidates cannot be a member of another National Panhellenic Conference sorority; however, they may be a member of a local, honorary, or service Greek-letter sorority.
- A membership certificate
- Annual magazine subscription via email
- A copy of Tri Sigma’s history book
- Purchase of an official member badge
After initiation, all members are expected to keep current with alumnae dues.
Alumnae are encouraged to remain actively engaged with Tri Sigma through a variety of opportunities, including joining an alumnae chapter, mentoring, serving as a national volunteer, and/or participating in the programs and resources offered for alumnae members.
Alumnae support the Bylaws and National Policies of the Sorority and should keep their contact information current with National Headquarters via Sigma Connect. Lifelong membership is a serious commitment and should be carefully considered prior to initiation.
If you pledged Tri Sigma in college but were not initiated due to extenuating circumstances, you may still be eligible if you meet the membership qualifications outlined above. Contact NHQ for more information.